There are many aspects of a move that can be overlooked if you’re not organized, so reading up on moving tips can better prepare you to have a stress-free move day. Our moving experts have compiled a short list of things to remember when it comes time to move, for your convenience.
Moving can be a strenuous process, especially if you plan on doing some of the heavy lifting yourself. Whether you have help or not, it’s important to remember to use safe practices when move day arrives, as the packing, loading and unloading of your belongings can present some precarious situations.
Things to remember when moving:
- Pack smart – Heavy lifting is only a challenge if you make it one. It’s better to pack two lighter boxes than try to muscle one heavy box onto a truck. Work smart, not hard!
- Be careful lifting – It can be easy to overextend yourself if you’re not used to heavy lifting, so wear some comfortable clothes, lift with your legs and not your back, and ask for help if need be.
- Use moving equipment – If you can easily borrow a dolly, or packing blankets to protect your house while moving, do it. This will save you a lot of strength, time and potential damage to your home.
- Be aware – Wet floors and tight corners need to be taken seriously. Taking a good look at your surroundings and planning ahead can save you a moving day incident.
- First Aid Kit – Having a First Aid Kit handy is always a good idea, especially when you’re moving your entire home onto a truck. Expect everything to go smoothly, but being prepared is always a good idea.
- Hire movers – If you have a lot of heavier furniture, hiring professional movers to do all of the work for you is the easiest way to move.
South Florida Movers
To summarize: be aware and be safe. We here at Cousins USA Moving & Storage wish you the best of luck through your moving endeavors, and hope you have a successful move and are more than happy to help you with the heavy lifting. If you’d like to enlist our help, just fill out our online estimate form for a free quote.