With a whole world to explore, it is not uncommon for people today to consider moving overseas. Yet, the thought of planning a move overseas can be overwhelming. An international mover that has years of experience in the moving industry is the one who can make your plan a reality.
Cousins USA Moving & Storage is the international moving company you need for a successful overseas moving experience.
Cousins USA Moving & Storage has been providing exceptional international moving services to residents in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding South Florida area since 1996. Our team has the expertise and experience to coordinate, manage and execute any international move.
Our International Moving Services In Fort Lauderdale
As Fort Lauderdale international movers, we are committed to providing our customers with exceptional moving services. Our years of experience completing successful international moves for South Florida residents is strengthened by the partnership we hold with Stevens International, that gives you access to hundreds of international moving agents around the world.
During your international move we help you with:
- Planning your overseas move
- Understanding and navigating customs clearance
- Shipping household goods
We’re experienced movers that can provide you a stress-free global moving experience.
Additional Services That Can Be Added To Your International Moving Plan
- Short & Long-Term Warehouse Storage: If you’re not relocating permanently, we can keep your possessions safe in our Fort Lauderdale-based warehouse storage facility. No matter the duration, your belongings will be stored in a safe, climate-controlled space. Our storage facility is maintained to the highest standards for safety and cleanliness.
- International Military Moving: We are a PCS certified moving company, giving us the ability to offer moving services to the men and women of our armed forces. If you receive the order to relocate to a new station out of the country or overseas, we can help you manage your military move.
Expert International Moving Advice
When relocating internationally, there are many items to check off of your “to-do” list early on. Our experts compiled a few tips to help make your move out of the United States a bit easier.
- Choose Your International Mover ASAP
- As soon as you know when and where, you’re moving you should begin researching international moving companies. Get multiple estimates and thoroughly vet your mover. You need a trustworthy, experienced mover when you’re moving abroad.
- Your visa is what allows you to reside in a country for a certain amount of time. When you’re relocating due to a job, apply for a work visa so that you can conduct business overseas. See if your company can assist you in this.
- Tourist visas allow you to travel freely within the country. If you plan on staying permanently, seek citizenship within the country you wish to call home.
- Before packing up and leaving, make a copy of all your important personal documents. We suggest photographing your documents and saving the images to a portable hard drive that you can carry with you.
- Marriage certificates, birth certificates, passports, etc. are all important documents you should make copies of.
- It is not a bad idea to open and deposit funds into an international bank account. If anything were to go wrong financially overseas, such as if your credit cards are frozen, you will have this bank account to fall back on.
- Anything you’d need to survive for a week or two should be packed and taken with you on the plane. Other belongings you want to be moved to your destination country can be shipped. Packing lightly will cut down on your travel costs and make customs clearance easier.
- If you don’t plan on relocating overseas permanently, we suggest storing any important or expensive possessions you leave behind. Find a storage option in Fort Lauderdale where you can be confident that your possessions will be safe and secure.
Get more international moving tips
Receive A Free International Moving Estimate
Cousins USA Moving & Storage is one of the best international moving companies Fort Lauderdale has to offer”
For expert planning, managing and execution, Cousins USA Moving & Storage is the international moving company you want handling your move overseas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We are dedicated to complete customer satisfaction by offering premium moving services with exceptional customer service.
We offer customer service that is unmatched by other international moving companies in Fort Lauderdale or surrounding South Florida area. To learn more about our international moving services, contact us today at (888) 300-6683.
To begin your international move today, fill out our online form and receive a free moving estimate. The choice is simple for the best international moving company in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding South Florida area, go with the premier services at Cousins USA Moving & Storage.